I've started making lots of vegan cheeses out of coconut, nuts and soya and bought a book from Miyoko Schinner called Artisan Cheese, although this recipe I found it online.
- ½ cup of almond
- 3 tsp of lemon juice
- 3 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup of water
How to make almond cheese
- Soak almonds for 24h … and peel if necessary
- Put almonds with the other ingredients and blend
- Pour soft ‘cheese’ into a cheesecloth or cotton cloth and hang
- After 1 day put the mixture into a clean cloth and inside a mold to give it the desired shape
- Turn around every 12h and after 2 days get out
- I covered it with mixed Provençal herbs
On my breakfast toastsss ...