- 4 cups of non dairy milk
- 3 tsp of non dairy yogurt and unsweetened
- 2/3 cup of cashews soaked for 3 hours
How to make yogurt
- Put 1 cup of milk and cashews into a bowl and blend
- Transfer it to a saucepan and stir the 3 remaining cups of milk on medium heat
- Test the milk on wrist and if it’s hot, but not boiling add the yogurt.
- Combine well and pour it into glass jars
- Culture the yogurt in a warm dark place over 4-8h
- Put into the fridge to thicken even more
and now ... Yogurt cheese!
- Hang 2 pots of homemade yogurt over 24h
- Add salt and herbs or lemon or pepper if you want
I also used it to fill up aubergines. Simply fried two slices of aubergine and filled them with a bit of rice with cashew soft cheese. Warmed it at lower heat and poured it on top on some spinach with tomato sauce. YUMMYYY!!