- 1 red pepper
- Kombu algae
- 1 Onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup of wheat gluten
- 1/2 bottle of soya
- 2 veg cubes
- 1 cup of water
- All kinds of spices; I used Oregano, cumin, thyme, pepper, ...
How to make seitan:
- Wash, peel and cut in big chunks veg
- In a small pot pour the soya, water and veg cubes. Warm it at medium high temperature
- In a big pot boil the veg and algae with some salt
- Whilst you wait for the pots to start boiling and cooking the veg, in a big bowl mix the gluten, a bit of salt and loads of spices
- When the small pot has warmed up pour the liquid into the bowl and mix well until you make a big meatloaf. You can shape if as you wish... round, in small pieces to make meatballs, long, ...
- Let the seitan wait until the veg are cooked
- When they are pour the seitan into the big pot and let it cook for 40 minutes. Careful because you may have to turn it around.
Your can eat it in all kinds of waits... this is basilly as a soup ... as fake meat ... fake meatballs...