I decided to start up this new blog with a typical Spanish dish … Sunday family dish. My mom made it for me last week as my friends were having a chicken one and thus couldn’t have any. Next time I’ll do it myself lol but it’s nice to have a mommy making dishes for you – even more when you get older.
Also ... It's not pronounced PAELA it's like PAEYA
Ok here it goes ...
- 1 Cup of rice
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- Few morels
- 1 Broccoli
- 2 carrots
- Green beans
- Saffron (or colouring)
- Peel carrots and onion
- Put some water to boil for the broccoli, green beans and the carrots
- When it boils pour carrots, green beans and broccoli whilst cutting down the 'trees'
- Let it cook for 10 minutes, meanwhile clean up the peppers and mushroom.
- Chop onion and peppers
- Bring some oil to heat on a special pan for 'paellas'
- Pour the peppers and after 1/2 minutes the onion
- After the boiled veggies are cooked get them out and cut the green beans about 2 cm long.
- Add the rest of the veg and the morels to the 'paellera' and fry them for about 5 minutes under medium heat.
- When all the veggies are done, add some water and about 20 minutes before eating the white rice and coloring.
- Make sure the water covers the rice when you pour it.