Saturday, 26 October 2013

My chubby vegan sausages

Here goes a recipe I did mixing tofu and ingredients needed to make seitan ... they were nice! But I need to practice my rolling skills ... made them a biiiiit too chubby.

Ingredients:
  • 250g of tofu
  • 2 cups of gluten
  • 1 tsp of nutritional yeast
  • 1/2 tsp of sweet pepper powder
  • 1 tsp of white pepper
  • 1 Tsp of smoke liquid
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1 tsp of nutmeg
  • 2 tsp of garlic powder 
  • 1 1/2 cups of warm water
  • 1 1/2 Tsp of flour
  • 3 Tsp of oil

How to make my chubbies
  • Mash tofu until you form a paste
  • Mix all dry ingredients
  • Mix the liquid smoke with the warm water
  • Bring water to boil in a large pot
  • Mix all ingredients (...add oil!) together until you get a proper paste. I did all by hand ... using a fork but if you have any equipment that can help you out... USE IT hehe
  • I used tin foil ... because that's what I had and formed chubby sausages by pouring some of the mix and rolling it inside. Close them and put them into the hot warm to cook for 20-30 min at medium heat.
  • Whenever you want to eat them, best to fry them or cook them in the oven. 




No comments:

Post a Comment