This isn't the first time I make omelettes out of tofu, I keep trying new waits to make it ... this time I didn't leave them enough time in my mini so when I took them out... they broke down. I should have left them for 5 minutes more and let them cool before getting them out ... BUT I was too hungry to wait hehe
- 200g of firm tofu
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric (this is what gives it the yellow colour)
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 1 Tsp of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of olive oil
How to make omelette:
- Drain the tofu with a paper towel.
- Mash it with a fork until soft and add the rest of the ingredientes.
- Mix well and pour it into the molds
- Put in the oven for 20-30 minutes
- Get them out. LET THEM COOL for a minutes
- Get them out of the molds and enjoy :)
FAIL! I was pretty hungry so I took them out straight away ... but they were too soft ... still they were pretty nice.
Next day I tried again with the left overs together with some home-made baked beans and sausages. Basically I fried the 'omelettes' just like when you make pancakes and done.