Usually injera is done a day or two before ... but I found this recipe, where you could do it instantly ... well almost as you have to let the mixture rest for an hour.
For injera instant bread:
- 1/2 cup of teff (I used flakes ... but you are meant to use flour)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3/4 tsp of yeast
- 1/4 baking powder
- Pinch of kala namak
- Bit of maple syrup
Mix everything well and let it rest for 1h then grease a pan... lower the heat and cook the injera for 3 minutes each side (covering it up) ...
For lentils stew:
- 1 cup of already cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup of frozen edamame
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomato can
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Fresh parsley and bay leave
- Spices: Cumin, nutmeg, salt, white pepper, paprika, curry and a mix of herbs
- Olive oil
- Optional: lemon and mint
Start by pealing and chopping onion and garlic. Fry them in a pot and then when they are done, add the lentils with a bit of water. Cook for 5 minutes and add the tomato and fresh/non fresh spices. Add edamame and cook for 30 minutes.
For the farro
- 1 cup of farro
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup of celery
Bring some water to boil. Add the carrot in 4 squares and the farro. Cook for 20 minutes and add the celery. Leave for another 10 minutes.
For the salad
- Fresh lettuce leaves
- Feta (for it to be vegan use cashew cheese)
Wash lettuce and peal cucumber part that you'll use. Mix the lettuce and cucumber with some cheese.