Saturday, 1 March 2014

Spirulina spinach pancakes - ugly but healthy

I know they won't look too appealing ... also because I am pretty crap at taking pictures and my flat is quite dark.

I found the recipe for spinach pancakes (way prettier than mine) over pinterest on Spabittie's blog and so I decided to give them a try with some spirulina.

Ingredients:
  • 3 Tsp of flaxseeds 
  • 1/2 cup of water 
  • 3 handfulls of spinach 
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 2/3 cups of rice flour
  • 1 tsp of spirulina 
  • Pinch of salt 

Mix the water and flaxseeds and let them sit overnight. Blend the ingredients together and pour in pan. Flip every 3 minutes or so using a place and serve. 



Add some hummus, alfalfa and tomato to provide further nutrients and improve the taste. Although I must admite that by themselved the pancakes were pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment